Martial Arts are Great for Children
Parents today recognize that the public school systems alone are just not enough. Millions of parents are bringing martial arts, like taught here, into their children’s lives to supplement their education.
Parents report these 5 important benefits their children in our school experience:
1. Our Reward System: Martial arts are not like team sports because the emphasis is on developing the individual’s self- esteem not the team’s winning record. The belt system is key. When children earn their belts, it gives them a sense of accomplishment that really improves the way they feel about themselves.
2. Our Program Teaches Children Discipline: On of the things parents appreciate most about classes is the improvement in their child’s self-discipline. We have a wonderful staff of patient instructors who love to work with children, but are also very clear about limits. We enforce good rules of behavior in class, and we expect the same good behavior at home and in school.
3. Our Activities Channel Children’s Aggression: Many doctors actually prescribe our school for treatment because of the positive outlet it gives kids for all their energy.
4. Our Confidence and Success Enhances Children’s Self-Esteem: We believe confidence is one of the most important things we can give kids. That is why every class we teach has confidence-building drills included within.
5. Our Program Teaches Children Essential Self-Defense Skills: Our program teaches practical, proven self-defense methods. We also teach kids that the moves they learn in class will work, so they don’t go home and try them on their sister, or neighbor.